Acceptance of the following policies, terms and conditions is required to book a guide and to get guide services.
1. About TOKYO LICENSED GUIDE
Our TOKYO LICENSED GUIDE, hereafter referred TLG, is the group of Licensed Guides who provide guiding services to our guests in order to enjoy guests’ original tours in Tokyo and its vicinity.
2. Licensed Guide
Licensed Guide members are entitled to be professional (paid) guide in order to guide people anywhere in Japan in foreign languages like English, Spanish, German, etc. by the Government under the law of Interpreter Guide License.
Addition to guide fee, Guests are responsible for the following expenses:
• TRAVEL EXPENSES INCURRED BY THE GUIDE while conducting a tour for the guests. These include any and all public transportation fees incurred after meeting the guest at the appointed meeting place. Guests are not responsible for costs incurred by the guide while traveling to or from the meeting place both before and after the tour period.
• ADMISSION FEES to museums, temples, events etc. incurred by the guide while providing guide services.
• MEALS eaten by the guide while providing his or her services to the guest(s).
4. Inappropriate Conduct
Our guides reserve the right to terminate guide services at any point during the tour if the guest(s) exhibit any of the following behavior:
• UNSAFE or ILLEGAL BEHAVIOR.
• INAPPROPRIATE SEXUAL BEHAVIOR or advances. This includes sexual behavior initiated by the guest(s) toward the guide, occurring among the guest(s) and or that initiated by the guest(s) toward persons outside of the tour group.
• INTOXICATION AND ILLICIT DRUG ABUSE.
• REFUSING to cover expenses incurred by the guide as outlined in the above section on expenses.
• ANY CONDUCT, BEHAVIOR, OR ACTION that the guide feels is inappropriate or offensive or reflects poorly upon his or her self or us.
5. Statement of Limited Liability
Guides are not responsible for any illnesses, injuries, thefts, losses, or any resulting damages incurred by the guest(s) while using our services. The guest(s) accept(s) full responsibility for any damages, injuries, or losses that he/she/they may incur while using our services.
6. Right to Refuse Service, Conflicts of Interest
Guides can refuse to offer its services and/or terminate its services to the guest(s) at any point for the following reasons:
• The guest(s) provide(s) false information through the emails exchanges between guest(s) and the guide
• The guest(s) attempt(s) to profit or gain monetarily by reselling our services
• The guest(s) paid for or received a referral to our services by a for-profit entity such as a travel agency.
• The guest(s) request(s) to engage in “sexual tourism ” in any form or fashion. This includes but is not limited to requests to visit brothels, sexual goods shops, adult book stores and other similar venues which we deems inappropriate for its guide services.
• The guide(s) may cancel appointments with due notice if unavoidable reasons or extreme circumstances (e.g., extreme weather conditions, natural disaster, etc.) occur.